Monday, May 31, 2010

New Year's Day



I am from Korea, Seoul. My favorite holiday is New years day in the calender. It's a Korea New years ceromony. This is important for me, because to accept the money to whole all the relatives.
Usually take whole vacation then, the three to four. On the first day, we are hold a memorial service for my ancesetors. We also feast rice cake soup on the day. Afterward, people play the YUT.
On the Second day, we be in Korea clothes, we make a round of New Years calls to their all the relatives. This means 'May your shadow never grow less' do. A kind of wish to happy and healthy.
On the last day, we are prepared to go home after we met a all the relative. We also said that 'I'll look foward to seeing you again in good healthy'

2 comments:

  1. and I'll update about 'money' as soon as.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this lunar new year? I was in Seoul during that time in 2005...actually I think the city was empty because everyone went back to their hometowns.

    Corrections: "We usually take a vacation on the third and fourth days." "On the last day, we get ready to go home after we meet all our relatives."

    ReplyDelete